Sisters

Sisters

Daddy's Girls

Daddy's Girls

Big Brother

Big Brother

Walking on the beach

Walking on the beach

Gracie

Gracie

Cole in the sand

Cole in the sand


Ellis playing in the sand

Ellis playing  in the sand

Friday, April 25, 2008

Ouch!!!!

This has been a crazy week! I've attempted to blog everyday but something comes up or I'm just to tired to do one more thing. The weather has been beautiful this week. I have the kids outside as much as possible one to enjoy the weather and two to get tired. I'm loving our 7:30 bedtime! I shortly follow and Luke has the evening to himself. Monday is our day to relax. The weekend is usually filled with activities (birthday parties, cook outs, church activities, soccer, etc.) We need Monday to recharge. Tuesday the kids had school. The 3 - 5 year old classes had a special program, Muffins for Mom. They sang several cute songs then enjoyed juice and muffins with mom. It was fun! I then ran to my eye doctor appointment at
11:30. During my appointment I realized I had forgotten to put Gracie's dance clothes and shoes in her backpack. So quickly ran home after my appointment to get her dance bag together. That evening she had soccer practice but fortunately Luke was able to meet me there. Cole and I came home and crashed. He slept from 6:00 to 7:00 the next morning. Wednesday we had swimming lessons, a play date, and church that evening. By Thursday I was exhausted. I dropped the kids off at school and headed to my doctors appointment. Ellis and I had a good check up. I left totally devastated by a nurses comment. Of course you have to weigh in at each visit. She looked at the scale and said "step down that can't be right." I'm now in tears knowing she is truly going to make me do this again and comments, "Wow! we hit a growth spurt." That doesn't make me feel any better. It has become hard to watch Luke work out and add muscle to his lean frame. I suggested the other day it would be a sign of love for him to just gain a few unnecessary pounds during ONE of my pregnancies. We have married almost 10 years had the boy has gained maybe 5 pounds. I'll be happy for him again when I'm skinny. So Thursday afternoon Gracie had her 5 year checkup. Luke was able to take her which I was very thankful for. She received 5 different shots and a finger prick. OUCH!!! They enjoyed ice cream and a trip to the toy store for being so brave. Tonight is date night, YEAH! We're meeting our good friends Eric and Daphne for dinner. Besides church all we have planned for the weekend is a soccer game. We love Gracie's soccer games! It should be a relaxing weekend.

5 comments:

Danna Ramsey said...

Gina, if I were there in the Ham (as you say it), I would slap that nurse silly! You are absolutely beautiful! You've got the rest of your life to work out. All you need to worry about is rest. Besides, your pregnancy weight always comes right off! :-) I love you!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, that was so insensitive of the nurse. I remember asking the nurse if she would please not tell me how much I weighed each time and each time she would do it, I felt, out of spite! So ugly! Well, you'll definitely lose it once that baby comes, so don't worry about it!

Bunch of Oranges said...

ok you shed baby weight like no other... who cares what that naughty nurse said! You made me laugh... cuz I've been there! :) Miss you girl and getting excited for Ellis to get here! REST!!!!

Shara Smith said...

I know that you look fantastic! Those nurses should never say a word when weighing a pregnant woman!! You sound so busy...I guess that it never slows down from here. Glad you are doing well and getting rest! Can you email me your info again for blogger so that I can update your background now? sharakae13@yahoo.com

Segadi Family said...

That is awful! At my office we got to weigh ourselves... not sure if that was a good idea or not- I always erred on the side of lower! :) I hope you guys are doing great! We miss you!