Sisters

Sisters

Daddy's Girls

Daddy's Girls

Big Brother

Big Brother

Walking on the beach

Walking on the beach

Gracie

Gracie

Cole in the sand

Cole in the sand


Ellis playing in the sand

Ellis playing  in the sand

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Friends & Family

I feel so blessed! I woke up this morning to my wonderful husband cooking blueberry pancakes and scrambled eggs. To my surprise Luke had taken the morning off of work to be Mr. Mom. The best birthday gift ever!!!! He cooked, cleaned the kitchen, dressed the kids for school, and took them to school so I could have the morning off. I have to admit I didn't know what to do with myself. My dear friend Nicki sent me a delicious cookie bouquet and singing telegram. Cameron my sweet neighbor down the street took me to lunch. Then we enrolled Gracie and Andrew (her son) in kindergarten for the next school year. Thanks Cameron for taking that HUGE step with me today. I needed you! To top off the day another fabulous friend & neighbor Jenny had made our family dinner for the evening. Jenny, delicious lasagna! This momma and baby have been well feed today by our friends & family. My parents will be here this weekend to hang with the kids. Luke & I are running away for the weekend. One last weekend of rest before the baby comes. Thanks to everyone for all the cards, phone calls, & emails. Where would we be without friends and family. Taking care of each other and giving our time. This truly has been a wonderful birthday! I feel so loved and that's the best gift ever!!! 32 isn't so bad after all.

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Gina - a very happy birthday to you! Sounds like your friends and Luke made it special!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful friends and neighbors (and hubby!)!! Happy birthday!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! You are surrounded by wonderful people. You are blessed!

Bunch of Oranges said...

Wow.... you were spoiled... had your card forever.... finally got stamps and mailed it TODAY! LATE!!!! So sorry... tell Luke, he's good! Happy Birthday Doll!

The Blakes said...

HAPPY Late B Day!!!! I can't believe that you had to do the kindergarten thing. O No! I am dreading that so much. Gracie looks like a model in her ballet costume! Have fun on your get away weekend. BTW Demra is in labor today!!

Segadi Family said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a perfect day!